Who should apply?
You. If you are:
- Prescribed and stable on methadone
- Motivated towards detox and eventually becoming drug free
- From Finglas or Cabra and surrounding areas
We accept applications from applicants themselves or from anyone working with them in a helping capacity.
We do not accept applications from people who are using non-prescribed benzodiazepines or who are actively using illegal drugs.
The programme at Sankalpa can be quite demanding and a high degree of stability is therefore required.
How do I apply?
What happens after I apply?
We will contact you and arrange for you to come to Sankalpa for an assessment. The assessment will determine if the programme matches your needs.
If it does, you’ll be offered a place or put on a short waiting list. If the program does not match your current needs we’ll help you find a suitable service elsewhere.
What have you got to lose? Apply now
Starting the programme
During the first 2 to 4 weeks, there’s a pre-entry programme where you’ll be expected to attend each day on time, give clean urines and engage in the program in a positive way.
Philosophy of Service
- At Sankalpa, we believe in equality and fairness, and in a person-centred, individualised approach that takes account of the various backgrounds and circumstances of our participants.
- We aim to provide a teaching and learning environment that is physically and emotionally safe, respecting the confidences of our participants while working with other agencies and services in their best interests.
- We try to be non-judgemental and empathic in understanding why addictions develop, how they manifest themselves in people’s behaviour, and how they can be overcome.
- We are pro-active in meeting each client weekly to review their rehabilitation plan
- We believe in the power of non-medical approaches to pain and problems and try to promote new ideas and develop new ways of thinking.
- We accept that the only person who can overcome an addiction is the person who developed it, and that our role is to facilitate them in this in every way we can.