Sankalpa is a holistic centre that works with people who are seeking support to detox off methadone.
If you are on methadone and are looking for help to detox, and you’re thinking about getting some training, education and a job, then Sankalpa can help you. We’re based in Finglas and we support people on methadone from the Finglas and Cabra communities.
We’ll help you cope and support you as you reduce your methadone or detox completely. We don’t just leave it at that. When you’ve come off the methadone, we’ll also support you to lead a safe and fulfilling life. We’re behind you as you integrate into your family and communiity again.
Aims of Sankalpa
- To promote resilience, self-directed learning, self-advocacy, critical thinking and citizenship through an integrated program of education and training combined with key working and therapeutic support.
- To develop progression routes into further education, training and employment.
- To have a holistic approach that will work with individuals in the context of their physical, psychological, emotional, intellectual, social, economic, cultural and spiritual needs.
- To encourage reflection on systemic causes of addiction and find sustainable solutions.
- To use and develop non-medical approaches to pain, stress and suffering.